Saturday, February 4, 2017

“Vaiana”: the Sea – friend or foe? – Aftenposten

1 2 3 4 5 6

Vaiana

Director: Ron Clements, John Musker. Norwegian voices: Nora first edition, Jeppe Beck Laursen, Lars Sundsbø, Ida Lind, Lena Meieran, Bjørn Eidsvåg. The united STATES. Animation. Age limit: 6

Before I go in and see the full-length feature Disney movies for the time being, have a mind of my long discussions with themselves. What exactly is a Disney movie these days? And what should it be? What differences in process board when that studio makes a film number seksogfemti in a seemingly endless series of familiefilmer?

Should I as the audience still meeting the new movies with the goodwill which attaches in was created in me when I as small as Dumbo, Pinocchio and Bambi, or must I just accept that the world has moved on and that also not Disney is an immutable size of almost god-given magic, but on the contrary an organism that is fighting for life in the same way as all the others?

3rd-party-bio

A fjompenisse like me

the Last time Disney (not Pixar) made an animated film in the emotional end of the scale (Frost), was for me a stunning visual experience, but a too empty emotional one.

It may be that I have grown from the target group or that, I never have been a part of the (pretty little girls), but I don’t buy that argument, since I often engage me emotionally in both film and television, where the creators hardly have thought that a fjompenisse like me going to do it.

When Disney has been in the humormodus the last few years, I’m more with the (Riverolf, Zootopia). When they are in the family/find themselves/grow up and understand the world mode, repeat the now itself so make much that it interferes with.

Oscarnominasjoner to Sweden and Denmark

Likeable, but boring

Vaiana (Moana is originaltittelen) turn into the open doors clean historiemessig. Strong, beautiful girl who defies the traditions and rescues his people, added some deciliter environmental awareness. It is sympathetic, but also a bit boring.

I feel that the creators know it yourself, but that at the same time they are confident that when they only get collected stjernestemmene, made the music, and given the film the world’s best visual detail, it will still work. And it does.

This time they have researchet stillehavskulturen just as carefully as they had done it with the Norwegian culture in the Frost. It is delicious. And some of the songs are catchy – even though none of them are made for eternity.

Karaktergalleriet have some clear ones: Vaiana know in their heart what is right, such a høvdingdatter. She does not accept the prohibition to travel out on the sea. And she has a grandmother who is soft and in contact with everything, it is possible to be in contact with.

stable

Halvguden Maui has come out of the course after an old mistake and need help. A chicken and a pig to get the smallest laugh, and manages it quite certainly. But the spikes, both the humor and emotional absence.

A highlight is still kokoskrabben Tamatoa (Jemaine Clement as originalstemme), otherwise there is a uniformly high level all the way, but also for emotional oppskriftsmessig and empty for my taste.

The Norwegian the voices works well, but is still, naturally enough, a few notches from the quality of what I have so far heard of the original version. The film has recorded nok 4.5 billion since premièren two months ago, so far to run is Disney not. They have only ceased to be original and magical.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment