Monday, October 6, 2014

Withdraws from Idol – Northern Lights

Stine Jakobsen (19) from Senja went on to the final rounds of the second year of the five semi-finals. Now she chooses to withdraw from the competition. It reports TV2.

– This has been an incredibly tough decision. I had the crazy fun so far in the competition and had been looking forward to experience the final rounds. After careful consideration, I have however decided that I will not be able to combine Idol participation of schooling and school means a lot to me right now. Although my school has been benevolent to try to arrange for it to go, and I hoped for the longest time that I would be able to get both. Finally I knew anyway that I would have lost too much by not being able to attend classes as usual, Stine says Jakobsen.

– I know that I have a guilty conscience both to judges who have had such faith in me, and especially to those who have been supporting me and voted for me. I am incredibly grateful for all they have let me experience so far in the competition, and will always take it with me. I will of course continue to sing, but waits commitment until I find a time that works better for me. The dream of the Royal Albert Hall certainly lives on. It is of course sad to leave the other finalists and the fine thread of the Idol crew. It has been a tough choice to make, but I know that this is the right priority for me now. I wish all the finalists the best of luck and I will be rooting for them all! It is an extremely skilled and lovely bunch, says Stine.

– Adult choice

– We think obviously it’s incredible shame to lose Stine, she’s a great girl with a big talent as it has been a pleasure to deal with! But we also understand that life is more than Idol and think it is mature of her to make that decision now before we proceed with the final rounds, says TV 2 press officer for Idol, Bjarne Laastad, in a press release.

Getting Stine space

Stine’s decision has naturally enough given TV2 and production company Monster few extra challenges four days before the first final round in Chateauneuf.

– We will start the final rounds on Friday with ten finalists anyway. Who takes over Stine space becomes clear in a short time, say Laastad.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment