Monday, September 5, 2016

20 years after Rønningen let up is the nightmare over – ABC News

In a lengthy interview with Look and Listen tells Jon Rønningen (53) how he had collecting empty bottles to afford bread.

After two Olympic gold medals, EM and World Championship gold, he took over Norway by storm, but the back of the medal has not the public been hearing about until now.

Next year Rønningen on a biography of his life, to See and Hear says breaking the legend that “I would argue I have only worked in the sports arena, not in private life.”

I sacrificed everything for the sport. One becomes supreme egoist, I have though in hindsight. But it was the only life I knew. It’s not fun to think that it has gone out of them I have been fond of, says Rønningen to the blade.

See also: Ten minutes in Las Vegas changed the lives of Steffen Tangstad

million debt

After completing career in 1996 set ex-switch again with million debt, divorce and depression.

It all began with a free plot of Kolbotn outside Oslo.

– People think I got the house finished with the key in the door. But it was a kit and an unfinished plot. I had no idea about the extent and could not turn into a nail. Some people helped me a little, but I had no clue about economics, says Rønningen and continues:

– It was a hopeless project. It was so bad that I had to empty bottles to afford bread. I became a millionaire in debt because of the gift.

See also: Here are the signs of depression

Just down

After living the dream that ended in crushing, ended Rønningen up in a basement flat with no windows. Additionally ended another marriage in divorce.

– That I had it very tough, is something I do not hide in. It has taken time to move on. I’ve taken a step at a time. Good friends from breaking the environment has been a big help, says Rønningen to Look and Listen.

Today he lives in Finnmark and lives happily in relationship with a new boyfriend.

Read about Norway’s current break-king: Berge considering four years

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment