Thursday, September 8, 2016

Desta Marie resigns as værdame – TV 2

There are five and a half years ago Desta Marie beed swept into værstudioet to TV 2. Wednesday 30th November is the end.

When 27-year-old accepted the job, it was to pause before she would take a master’s degree in media studies.

– Will the university from abroad?

– No, laughing Desta, I have accepted a very exciting job offers from Vimond.

Out in the world

Vimond developing technology that allows you to see video on TV 2 Sumo, on TV2.no, and in a number of other websites in the world.

the company is growing rapidly, as well as in Bergen they now have offices in New York, Sydney, San Francisco and Amsterdam.

this is what tempts Desta. She has father of Ethiopia, mother from Norway and the world at large in the blood.

– This is so fresh that it is not determined in detail what to do, but I’m going to work with sales and marketing nationally and internationally, she said.

WATCH VIDEO Eli Kari showcases Desta Marie for the first time

Drifting skilled

Vimond owned TV 2, so Desta is in some ways “family”.

– I’m really looking forward to getting Desta on the team. From TV 2 I know her as a driving skilled and creative employees. She knows the media industry well and she is a solid communicator, says Vimond CEO Helge Høibraaten telephone from Broadway in New York.

When media company in the United States were curious on solutions to Vimond, he took the whole family and moved across.

– will you pack your bags?

– It will probably be a lot of traveling, but I will continue to stay here in Bergen, she answers, and becomes severe.

– I have had fantastic years in TV 2, and is eternally grateful for the opportunity I was given the job as væranker. And I’m going to miss all the great my colleagues. Many of them are close friends today, and one of them I have thrown in married, says Desta.

– Working with Eli Kari has been like a five year long 17th May -feiring, and I hope that she may still be my mentor for many years to come.

I have a plan

the resignation came as a surprise to værsjef Eli Kari Gjengedal.

– Desta’s a memorial, and we would have warmly her on. But by all means, the new job is a great opportunity for her, clearly she should accept.

There are less than three months to Desta says goodnight, and there is no time. Before a new presenter will go on the air he or she must first through training in meteorology, learn the technique and not least – consist Eli Karis værmelderskole.

– are you on schedule, Eli Kari?

– I have a plan, she smiles.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment