Saturday, December 20, 2014

HBO would have Tyldum to make television series, and asked for Norwegian stories – Dagbladet.no

(Dagbladet): Now he will create “The Imitation Game,” the British-American production that has been overrun by international awards.

One can safely say that no Norwegians have ever been as big favorite to receive Academy Awards for best director and best film. Morten Tyldum which finishes through earnest with “Headhunters” in 2010, is now a so sought after director that he can pick and choose projects and meet the greats he will in the American film industry.

When Dagbladet met 46-year-old this week revealed that he has started a new company – Norse Code – which aims to bring Norwegian tales to Hollywood.

– There is a Norwegian development company in the United States. I am constantly asked if I did not know about some Norwegian stories I could imagine to bring and develop, and I work with lots of good scriptwriters. It’s coming this way they look now, he said.



Met HBO

– For example: I met the production manager for HBO. They want me to make television series for them. And he asked was whether there was any Norwegian book I had read in the past, that we could use, say Tyldum.

There is great excitement related to what will be his next project. The director has been connected to both the Warner movie “Chain if Events,” based on a book by Swedish author Frederick T. Olsson and referred to as “World War Z” meets “The Da Vinci Code,” which Star Trek franchise and adaptation of “Pattern Recognition” by cult author William Gibson.

– I can not say anything concrete. However: Chain of Events is out to casting now. It is a massive production that I simply love – it’s a passion project for me. There are some really great actors who read the script now, and who have said they are interested, betrays him.

– So I have another script, written by “Argo” authors Chris Terno, which might be something of the very first. It revolves around a political thriller, he said.



Going by the characters

– In addition to this there are some other things. The Star Trek rumors, for example. “Pattern Recognition” I would not say so much about. Offislet I’m on it. But … we’ll see what happens, he said.

Tyldum is keen not to lose their Norwegian perspective on director deed, even though he has moved to Hollywood and mingle the big stars.

– I have, after all, come to where I am because I am a Norwegian director, and will not make me an American director. It is important to be Norwegian and maintain our way of relating to the world, characters and stories, he says.

– What movies do you like to see yourself?

– I love thrillers and science fiction. But for me it’s all about exciting characters. Therefore, I would like to jump between genres. Alan Turing in “The Imitation Game” is one such exciting character. Roger Brown in “Headhunters” was another exciting man to make films about. That’s what I’m looking for – a grade I perceive as exciting, says Tyldum.

‘; }); $ (‘#related -’ + WoId + ‘div.related_items’). Html (items); //saveElementAjax(Ext.get(woId)); }; $ (Document) .ready (function () {// if ($ (‘#docs’). Find (‘. Related container’). Size () == 0) $ .ajaxSetup ({cache: false}) ; $ .getJSON (‘http://www.kjendis.no/2.0/lib/relatedarticles.functions.php5?jsoncallback=?’, {limit: 4, tags: ‘culture’, id: 123, articleID: 36826041} , fetchRelatedArticles);});

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment