Thursday, May 26, 2016

NRK Paul Thoresen: – Was called fascist by bicycle joke Unpleasant experience … – kjendis.no

(Dagbladet): After Nitimen presenter Paul Thoresen kidding with how people can clean veisyklistene of pitch using the car door, he had to endure a hearty portion refs.

Under a Nitimen broadcast in April said 56-year-old follows in the air:

– A solution I see someone doing, is simply to just open the door. Lowering the move down to 20-30 km / h, then open the discreet door, and then clean up what needed to be along the roadside.



Got criticism

The statement did not fall on fertile soil by bike people, who responded with varying degrees of resentment.

Both Cyclists’ Association and Road Safety publicized statement as “unfortunate” and “unjustifiable”, while Norwegian Cycle Federation Rated police. Law professor and bicycle enthusiast Olav Torvund went as far as comparing Thoresens statement encouraging rape.

Nitimen-shipment complaint was submitted to the Broadcasting Council, which stated that people must endure Thoresens joke.



– Fucking fascist

But there is one particular reaction clamped fast in memory of broadcaster itself.

– I and my daughter went down Bogstadveien, when there came a cyclist who rode up the side of me and roared: “Damn fascists. Would you take the life of my kids? “Says Thoresen Dagbladet.

– I brought my daughter into a store. Then he said that he would stand there until I came out, but then I gave the message that I was going to report him for harassment unless he moved. It must have clicked completely for him.

56-year-old, who this summer is ready for new missions at NRK, says the incident has not done that he refrain from using humor at work. Meanwhile, think it’s scary that people can behave so.

– It has not frightened me from messing with things. I do not to provoke, I do it because it’s fun. That, I believe one should be able to in a free democratic society. Listeners will not get to hear a lobotomized version of Paul Thoresen, he promises.



Mastodont

NRK-profile think that bike statement would hardly awakened equally strong reaction if it was presented in a program other than Nitimen.

Now he looks forward to testing the height of other concepts. June 17, he inaugurated his last day on the job as Nitimen presenter on weekdays.

– Nitimen is a mammoth, but it’s not something we have created, even though it’s been fun to be a part of changing the program’s profile. We are very happy, says Thoresen, who reveals that it is obvious that he from the autumn to develop their own concepts.

– It will probably emerge something new, something that we have created ourselves. A separate program, which is not under the oppressive heading “Nitimen,” he says, and cites artist Jørn Hoel as a possible partner.

– Is it scary having to jump into something new ?

– I must do it now, before it’s too late. It’s scary, but I have to try to do it, me too. But I will not change myself if I work in another program, make Thoresen.

– It’s good to do something different, and not just the same all the time. I have a few years left in the workplace, and has no desire to be borne out by Nitimen studio when I retire.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment