Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Here is the “new” Carl Espen – Page2

(Page2): Carl Espen Thorbjørnsen took both Norway and much of Europe by storm when he participated in this year’s Eurovision Song Contest in Copenhagen, and since he has not been idle.

This week he released his new single “Holding On”. There, he runs up the pace and attitude compared to Silent Storm, and although he says it is about following your curiosity for what the future brings.

– Silent Storm is also me – but I’m more like this song as an artist. It is a song with a sound you tell more about the artist I am, and will be going forward, he says to Page2.

Listen to the song here respectively iTunes, Spotify and Wimp!

MGP importance

That he thus reject MGP, however, he rejects.

– No way, it’s not the idea. We do not see the MGP as something negative. But now it’s over, and now we will work with me as an artist. MGP will probably hang back at me for a while, but the hope is that people will be able to see some new sides of me.

time after the Norwegian final in Oslo in February and the grand final – which ended with an 8th place – in Copenhagen in May, he has only good to say about.

– It has been entirely good. A portion of the period have been busy, more quiet, but all in all I am very satisfied.

And it is not only demand for MGP and Silent Storm, when Carl Espen has acted in summer

– Hehe, yes, I will do other things, I think people are a little curious to see more of me.

It also shows the feedback on Holding On so far.

– They have been very good, I’ve got a lot of feedback. Many have looked forward to the next single, and people seem happy with it, he says.

LES also: – I always come back to him

Josefin this time also

This time it’s cousin Josefin Winther who wrote lyrics and melody. Together they have designed and come up with the final result in the facility.

– It’s Josefin has written, she is the creative brain behind. And the song is not written to me, but it’s a song I and Josefin worked a bit with the former. We picked it up again now because we think it is a song that is very good, and we are very proud of the result.

this time is not the song specially written for Carl Espen so was the case with Silent Storm. But less challenging is not the reason.

– It is very fun to sing, even if it is quite difficult. Technically it challenging – I need to be sharpened when I sing it, he says.

This week he and Josefin also perform together at the Summer Open at NRK – but with cover versions of Walking on Sunshine and Perfect Day.

MGP in Copenhagen – where Carl Espen finished in 8th place with Silent Storm – has led to a contract with Sony. now have a new single out.

Pelle T Nilsson / small Media All Over

Forward

As it is also video to Holding On.

– It is hoped to make a record that is something we are working towards. So a third single is the natural next step, although we have not yet pointed us out anything concrete there. But we take things one step at a time, we did not rush anything.

Carl Espen has previously told that Page2 he beginning of the 20s even wrote lyrics, and often would like to do it again. And he has found the guitar in spare time, he says.

– I have sat down with his guitar and strummed a bit, but it has not come to specific songs. But there is nothing I can think to do more of, either alone or together with other songwriters. It had been fun.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment