Monday, August 18, 2014

- I had given up hope – kjendis.no

(Dagbladet): We know her best as the adorable secretary “Natalie,” who fell in love with “Prime Minister” Hugh Grant in the big blockbuster “Love Actually” in 2003.

By Martine McCutcheon ( 38) captured the audience’s hearts in the romantic comedy, it has been quiet around the actor who has struggled with depression afterwards.

McCutcheon was diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome ME, and was soon after referred to wheelchairs. After this she sank into depression and stayed home to avoid and see someone.



– No obvious

Now tell the star to “Hello Magazine” that life is on the rise after she learned that she was pregnant with her husband Jay McManus ( 30).

– We have always said that it would be wonderful if we were blessed with a child, but we were also very aware that it was not a matter of course, she says in a candid interview with the magazine.

– As a woman in her late 30s, we expected that it would be difficult, and I thought that I had to accept that this was something I had to give up. It would of course been a great grief for us.



Clearer Perspective

Because of the ME diagnosis had McCutcheon turn down job offers that flourished after the recording of “Love Actually” which resulted in that the actor was declared bankrupt in February last year after she owed the tax office and the bank of 180,000 pounds.

– It is as if the tide has finally turned. Great things start to happen the career front again, but more importantly, we are expecting a child and how it makes me see life in a clearer perspective. I understand better what really matters.

She goes on to tell the magazine that although she is on recovery path, the health still not fulkommen.

– I know now that I am healthy enough to take care of a child, but I still have a way to go. I try not to put pressure on myself, and sets no deadline for when I get well.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment