Sunday, July 19, 2015

Surfer attacked by shark – Dagbladet.no

The Australian surfer Mick Fanning was Sunday attacked by a shark during a live surf contest.

TV cameras captured the Australian sat still on the board, before a shark suddenly attacks surfer. He escaped the attack unharmed.

– I just sat there and felt something stroked my leg and I tried to kick it away. I hit him in the back. I hopped on instinct. It kept coming to my board and I kicked and screamed. I saw only the Finns. I waited for the teeth, said Fanning, according to BBC.

The contest was stopped after the incident in the World Surfing Leagues J-Bay Open in South Africa. Fanning has previously won world championships in surfing three times.

It was during World Surfing Leagues J-Bay Open in South Africa incident happened.

The contest was stopped immediately, and after a while it became clear that the would not be put up again.

According to Fox Sports owns the rights to the surf contest, the prize pool is divided among two finalists Mick Fanning and Julian Wilson.

(NTB )

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment