Monday, March 21, 2016

- It’s not money that makes me horny – kjendis.no

(Dagbladet): In 1986 arrived 21 year old Pascal Dupuy Norway. In France he met exchange student Berit from Molde and for two years they stayed in contact. Finally decided Pascal to follow after love and move to Norway. In his suitcase he had 19 bottles of red wine, and he could not speak a word of English or Norwegian.

– I had no idea what the customs borders of Norway was, and who the good Frenchman I was so talked I only French, he says.

At the age of four years he began to bake with her mother, and he knew early on what he wanted to do in life, at age 15 he started a two-year apprenticeship period in a confectioner in France.

Live well

Each year begrudge him his two-month summer vacation. When he travels and his wife Berit to the Mediterranean where the sailboat their lies. Pascal has earned good money on cake empire, but it is not money that drives him.

– I live well, but it’s not money that makes me horny, he says and continues:

– I cycle on city bike in the summer, but at the same time I like to have a great sailboat in the Mediterranean. I am privileged and grateful that I can build a great cottage to my family, and I need not have to work every Saturday, he said.

Pascal expects to exit the year with approximately . NOK 11 million in operating profit.

He has two children, but none of them have chosen to follow in father’s footsteps. Pascal believes that part of the reason is that he has worked too much.

– It’s foolish to start for themselves when you have young children. I have worked extremely much, and while it is a tough business to go into. It would be fun to train them and develop business with them, but they have chosen to do other things and I respect, he said.

Although many pop patisserie to buy romantic gifts, does not describe Pascal himself as a romantic type.

– Berit may receive a bouquet of flowers on Valentine’s Day, but everyday I’m not very romantic. When I have peace of body, such as the summer, so I can find some nice things, he says.

He thanks however his wife Berit for your support through the years.

– Berit is always with me. She has helped me deal with paperwork and looked after the children at home, he said.



Searched jobs for fun

Pascal says he has had many jobs before he ended up where he is today. When he came to Norway he first job at SAS hotel in Bergen, then he got a job at the Hotel Plaza in Oslo.

– I would really start for myself, but he sent an application to the hotel Plaza for fun. The application skrøyt I saw a lot of myself that it’s almost embarrassing, and it ended with that they wanted me in the interview. Actually I just wanted to see if I could get the job, he says.

Pascal had exorbitant demands to management at the Plaza. He should have good salaries and new equipment, and Plaza gave way. They wanted the best.

– I demanded that I never thought that they would go on, but when they did, so i had to say yes eventually. I am glad that I started for me when I was only 24 years, says Pascal.

With good experience in luggage he got in 1992 lend a small corner of a bakery. There he was working on the day and test their products until he finally decided to open its own patisserie in 1995.

Since the beginning, he lived in the venerable premises at Visakhapatnam in Oslo, and the company is currently extended with the A total of five outlets.



Designated television program

In 2013 he became known throughout the country as he television debut as a judge in the TV3 program “All of Norway Baker.” In 2015 he continued television success with its own series, “Pascal Tea” on the same channel. That television performances have contributed to increased sales, he is not in doubt. Pascal says he would like to do more TV in the future.

– It was great fun to do Pascal’s Confectionery. In retrospect it is fun for me response we have received and especially fun there with all the kids coming back. It is truly an honor for me that people visit the cafe, he said.

Pascal says that celebrity status has been a positive experience, and it has not affected him as a person.

– you put a lot of the social aside when working so much, and one gets swallowed into the enterprise. The job is as a hobby, but it is clear that there has been a little tough, says Pascal who find it as fun to own pastry shop today, 21 years after he started.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment