Monday, May 18, 2015

Lars won Biggest Loser: – I did it for my family – Side2

(Page2): – I am not concerned about my appearance, so that was not why I entered the Biggest Loser. But I have three kids and a roommate, and has therefore other people in my life that are more important than myself. So this I did quite clear to my family, says Lars Johansen.

See the amazing before and after photos here!

From 157 to 88.5 kg

31-year-old from Lillehammer are not recognizable. When he arrived Holmsbu last September weighed Lars 157 kg, with a fat content of 64% and a biological age of 65 years.

– I have considerably more profit than before and feel like I have more to give in all contexts. Also I can do more active things with the kids, and that’s probably the most important, smiles Lars.

The father of three, 300,000 dollars richer. The money will be used to repay loans, but in addition the family indulge in a real nice getaway together.

– There are many who have sacrificed a lot for me to carry out this, and I often felt a little selfish. But the long-term investment is good. I have laid a good foundation for a long and good life with my family.

WINNER: Lars went totally down 68.5 kg.

TVNorge

Hard to be away from family

Lars did not get too much out of himself on TV, and rarely needed any extra attention from the coaches. 31-year-old did what he was going with a smile, without fuss and drama. And the weight continued to go down.

– Yes, it was well so I wanted it to be. I would concentrate on my mind and had to keep our spirits up even when it was a little difficult times. Simply survive, in a way.

The most difficult thing for Lars was being away from his family for the nine weeks he was in Holmsbu.

– Yes, the heaviest was completely managed to be away from your family. It required the most, says Lars.

In addition admits Lars that he has the greatest competitive nature, he found it was hard to stay motivated, especially after he reached his goal 95 kilograms.

– Yes, I had decided that I wanted down on 95 kg. But I knew that both Romina and May Jorun trained hard towards the final, so I had to continue training and diet regime after that, says Lars.

HAPPY: Lars Johansen was happy when he was down to 95 kg, but is pleased that he continued hard training leading up to the final. Now he is NOK 300,000 richer.

Espen Solli

Erik won home price

A which however have very much competitive instinct is Erik Berg. Erik busted just before the semifinals, and was thus in competition home price of 100,000 dollars.

That he won it, it’s probably few people are surprised. With a weight reduction of 74 kg, Erik has gone from being the competition’s heaviest participant, to be the lightest male participant by all.

-It was great to win at home price. It’s so good to know that I have understood this, and knowing that what I do works.

(see video of Eriks travel bottom of the case)

WINNER: Erik won home contest, and went totally down 74 kg.

TVNorge

Not touched candy in six months

Erik has trained bone hard to lose 74 kg in six months, there is no doubt. But it was still not training that was the toughest.

– The mental bit is harder . I’ve changed how I eat, and gone from thinking about what I fancy, to what I need.

IMPRESSIVE: Erik’s goal with dieting, and now want to build muscle.

Espen Solli

Erik has not touched candy, alcohol or other unhealthy food since Holmsbu.

– No, I had 1,200 calories to go on, and I would take a beer, I had to drop a meal. I had to think smart, and then it’s not worth it.

Now Erik goal with dieting, and will build muscle. In June he will be with coach Adrian Paul in training camp to Marbella. But this time there Erik to be exercising, he should instead motivate others to get active and lose weight. Biggest Loser participant May Jorun Bjølgerud should also be included.

– I want to continue working on this, it’s motivating for me to be able to support and help others. It is important to know that I have something to contribute.

View video of Eriks go here:

Want to read more stories from Side2? Lik us on Facebook!

Shopping with ad links

Promotion with ad links

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment