Friday, June 19, 2015

Jeremy Clarkson claims BBC offered him the job back – Dagbladet.no

(Dagbladet): This week it became clear: TV and radio personality Chris Evans (49) will take over Jeremy Clarkson’s job as host of “Top Gear.”

Clarkson got in March kicked out from the British TV channel after made a series of controversial statements.

In a new interview with The Sun claims still Clarkson he was asked if he wanted the job as a presenter back, just days before it was announced that Evans was the BBC’s man.

– Never an option

Clarkson says he declined because a BBC boss had compared him to the assault sentenced BBC profile Jimmy Savile.

– It was never an option. Even if a million people have signed the “Bring Back Clarkson» -underskriftskampanjen, which I view with great humility, he told the newspaper, adding:

– There has been too much . After some in the BBC compared me with Jimmy Savile and it was on the whole front page of a newspaper – how do I get back?

– Impossible

He goes on to say that he believes the program would have been ruined if he had retunert as presenter, partly because he himself then had stolen a lot of attention.

– It would have been impossible to create the program I had been wanting to make. I think they knew. I think that’s why they gave the job to Chris shortly after I had met them, he said.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment