Sunday, September 27, 2015

Publisher destroys religion critical book – reject self-censorship – VG

Havard Mossige spreader publishing denies that self-censorship is the reason why he will not give out Thomas Knarvik “InHisName.”

On Sunday it known that the book “InHisName” by Thomas Knarvik still not be finalized by the spreader publishers, and that the project is returned to the author.

Havard Mossige spreader publishing highlight three reasons why “InHisName” will be published by the spreader: Lack of time, disagreements over strategy and different point of view.

– I am an impatient soul, so when I got this project in our I thought ‘Yes, I can give out a book of three months, it runs fine. ” I spent three months and realized that here there had been too hasty. The book is uneven, and it is not quality assured good enough, says Mossige VG.

He argues that Knarvik was impatient and wanted to go out “world wide” with the book and make the most publicity about it, but that he did not agree with the strategy.

– I’m a more cautious guy. I would take things in stages, not to mention I have little resources of my small publishing houses to go into a worldwide debate and backe Thomas on it. This started as a small project. I realized too late that this would swallow all other activities I had in publishing.



– ambiguous works

The third reason why spreaders withdrew from release is according Mossige he and Knarvik have different views on including the relationship to other religions critical and Islam-critical people and actors.

– We found out that we really stood quite far apart on these things. Thomas is a gifted artist, and the book is in the direction of contemporary art. It is an ambiguous work, and then it suddenly becomes very important what the author thinks. And when I see that I can not “BACK” him. As publishers we need to have a fairly similar point of view if I’m going “back” him up around the world. There was too much uncertainty.

– Knarvik says that the reason why books should be disposed of is fear. Do you recognize it?

– Thomas thinks I’m a coward. There he could by all means. I can happily stand on the barricades, but if I have to sacrifice his life for something, there must be a project I believe one hundred percent on. I will not do here. Most of all I do not think that the book was good enough. It should have been dealt with much more.



– Not good enough

– Why assumed you book?

– I thought it was an exciting project. It sounded exciting to create something that kicked little in all directions, east and west, says Mossige.

– What had you seen the contents when the book was thought?

– When I had seen some sketches, only. The book was something that was made during these three months.

– How should the book destroyed?

– I do not know. You will certainly hear that it burned, says Mossige, and says that the books are in stock at a distributor.

– There is a book primarily is not good enough, who do not communicate what I wanted from the start that it was going to do. I wanted it to communicate with common ambulatory people on different sides, says Mossige who want to deepen the quote on.

– I hope people realize that I can not give out a book I do not can set me back.

Rejects self-censorship

– vebjørn selbekk describes the destruction of Knarvik’s books as “the first Islamist scene of burning books we have in Norway Ever, “and believes that there is a serious evidence of self-censorship that is spreading. What do you think about that?

– There is as much Catholics in this book. It is a project where a lot of things went sour. It has nothing to do with self-censorship to do. If a company that makes chocolates get errors chocolate they sell it. This is a book that is not good enough, says Mossige.

He confirmed that the publisher has taken all expenses in connection with the book, but will not go into what “InHisName” has cost spreader.

Mossige says he without making demands has let Knarvik acquire the material and rights, so that he can take the project forward if he wants it.

– Strange practice

Thomas Knarvik has been made aware of Moss quotes. The artist reacts to statements from his former publisher.

– He feels well a reason to defend their standpoint. It is also a rather strange practice to follow a project so close until finished publishing the book, only to withdraw from the project, says Knarvik.

He believes that feedback from others, including a publishing manager at a major publishing house, was decisive for the Mossige withdrew from the book project.

– Mossige says that “InHisName” is not good enough, that it is uneven and it is not quality controlled well enough. What do you think about it?

– I think it’s pretty weird allegations when he has been “hands-on” from day one. I chose not to go to him. He chose my drawings, and sat and worked on it here. He then afterwards press finish the whole book and then say that it is too poor is a poor excuse. This is one straw he uses to paddle in the country. He has praised the book all the time, claims Knarvik.

“Partners in crime”

– Mossige think that you are too far away from each other when it comes to views on relations with other religions critical and Islam-critical people and actors?

– It is very wrong. We were “partners in crime” all the way. It appears as though I have had “carte blanche” on the entire printing facility, but he has picked on every shot. He has known how serious this is, says the artist, who emphasizes that he is very proud of the book.

– The awesome – also because Havard came with insights and suggestions that I had not. It is precisely such a book came into being. The aim of the book was hopefully getting caricature debate in phase two, involving not use violence, but talking about things, says Knarvik, adding:

– I think that publishers know exactly what this is about.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment