Thursday, September 17, 2015

Dagbladet musical director will be the new ‘Idol’ judge – kjendis.no

(Dagbladet): Last night it became clear that the artist Tone Damli finished as “Idol” judge, and that the panel should be through the TV 2 calls for a “natural replacement” before the upcoming season.

One of the newcomers will fit in the judge’s chair next year’s music journalist Sandeep Singh (29). The Norwegian-Indian oslo man is at the moment musical director in Dagbladet and has good knowledge of the industry.

Singh told Dagbladet that he has dreamed of sitting on the panel since the first season went on television in 2003.

– Flattering and absurd

– I have sat and yelled to both participants and judges, and felt like part of the panel from the couch. So it was both flattering and absurd to be asked to join, he said.

Singh think it is high time that a music journalist returns to ‘Idol’ panel.

– I have a void to fill when, after Asbjørn Slettemark Thomas Strzelecki and the legendary Tor Milde, he says and continues:

– Music Journalists has a different perspective than those coming from the commercial side of the music industry. I think that’s probably less on what sells and much more about what I’m going to listen to yourself. There are maybe a little egocentric, but I do not necessarily after the participant who hit the purest falsetto or the widest audience, but who manages to convey genuine emotion.



– Can be string

– What role will you take? Will you be the strict?

– may I become strict, but probably with a smile. I just hope not that someone destroys favorite song mi, “Is not Nobody” by Chaka Khan – It makes me angry.

Singh has roots in India, and says with a twinkle in his eye that he can finally do “dad proud.”

– All Indians have heard of ‘Idol’. Now I can finally tell the family what I am doing, except they look like question marks. Haha.

– Creating or crush dreams

The biggest difference on the task musical director in Dagbladet and ‘Idol’ jobs are will be looking people in the eye, says Singh.

– The job that Idol judge is to either create someone’s dreams or crush them. And it has certainly I made before, albeit without having to look them in the eye! So it is again.

– To meet glances, and perhaps see dreams being crushed. There I dread, he says.

Singh is not the only one who gets his ‘Idol’ -dommerdebut. Also artists Øyvind Vinni Sauvik (39) and Ina Wroldsen (31) is ready to assume the judge chairs.

Wroldsen, known as a songwriter of pop band Ash Embla, told Dagbladet that she is looking forward to getting started.

– This I think will be really fun. I’m going to look for people with ståpåvilje, musicality and character.

– I hope that absolutely anyone with ambitions in music arises on ‘Idol’ this year, she says.

Last Man panel is veteran Gunnar Greve (33), which has been ‘Idol’ judge three times previously – in 2011, 2013 and 2014.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment