Sunday, February 14, 2016

EODM on stage again after Bataclan terror – NRK

Tonight is the Eagles of Death Metal at Sentrum Scene in Oslo. Yesterday they stood on stage in Stockholm, their first concert since the terror attacks last November.

In two days they will again be on stage in Paris.



Selected Scandinavia first



COMEBACK: tonight plays Jesse Hughes and EODM one of his first concerts by the Paris terror. We joined them behind the scenes for a chat about what it’s like to stand on stage again.

Photo: Gaute Zakariassen / NRK

the singer Jesse Hughes stood even at the stage when gunmen broke into the venue Bataclan, killing 89 people.

for Hughes it was a conscious choice to start the tour in Scandinavia before the symbol tongue rebound to Paris.

– Paris is not going to be a normal concert, it will be something much bigger. We would be so prepared and happy as possible, and for me there is no better place to build momentum than Scandinavia, says Hughes, who mentions The Hives and Turbonegro bassist Happy-Tom as some of his best friends in the industry.

When we ask how the last three months have been, struggling Hughes to keep your emotions back.

– It has been three odd months. I … still have the best job, and am still happy. I have had countless moments where I’ve got my faith in humanity restored and my understanding of friendship strengthened, but as a result of the worst … conceivable … I have spent much of the three months of trying to read every single letter people have sent to me. And it’s a lot.



– I was afraid that something would have disappeared

Hughes gives the band’s Scandinavian fan base much of the credit for that they are now ready to go on stage again.

– I’m more dependent on our fans than anyone knows. I knew I could count on our fans in Scandinavia, that they would be there for us. And they have done.

Hughes says he is touched by the love he was met with during yesterday’s tour opening.

– I really did not know how it came into being and was worried that something would have disappeared. And it had not. All confronted her fears. I am told that it is brave of us to go on tour again, but I’m honestly not agree. It is brave is to go to a concert with fear in mind that something terrible could happen, says Hughes seriously, before slipping back into the role of sex-fixated rock roll braggart.

– What the audience can wait up tonight?

– the biggest hard-on they have experienced in their lives. I promise.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment