Saturday, February 20, 2016

- Henning, you are my Bruce Springsteen – Halden Arbeiderblad

Henning Kvitnes could not hold back the tears when he sang “Ei hand to hold on” for Jørn Hoel.

tonight is Jørn Hoel’s turn to receive the other artists’ tribute to “Every time we meet” on TV2.

Hoel signature number became common after giving public performances during the telethon “Heart of Life” in 1987.

Both Hoel and Kvitnes lost their fathers because of heart failure, and Halden artist struggled to hold back the tears during their performance.

– I’ve heard that song probably ten thousand times, and it is a little worn around the edges as all that kind of songs have been, but it got a whole new meaning after I got more insight into it. Jorn was 17 years old when his father died, and I was 18 when my father died. I felt very left. The story came home, in a way, tells Kvitnes to TV2.

After hearing the interpretation exclaims Hoel.

– For a voice you have. You are my Bruce Springsteen.

Watch their performance on TV2′s website here!

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment