Friday, November 13, 2015

Mena in “Skavlan”: – The hardest year of my life – kjendis.no

STOCKHOLM (Dagbladet): On Thursday, Friday’s episode of the talk show “Skavlan” was recorded in SVT’s studio in Stockholm.

Among the guests are låtaktuelle Maria Mena, who in early November released the single “I Do not Wanna See You With It.”

In early December, 29-year-old’s fifth album, “Growing Pains,” which is her first full-length album since her divorce from journalist Eivind Sæther in 2014.

– The hardest of my life

Host Fredrik Skavlan pointed out that Mena’s upcoming album joins a tradition of divorce album, a category artists like Bob Dylan, Adele and Frank Sinatra have previously contributed.

– I’ve thought about it. There is a sooo universal theme. We all love us, and experienced heartache. I hope I hit quite wide, although I write quite concretely, said Mena.

– We’ve all felt it, and screwed up now and then. I find that the more concrete I, the wider hit it.

29-year-old describes her divorce from Sæther as a super big decision to make.

– It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever experienced. The year after the divorce was the hardest of my life, totally concentrated, said Mena.

– While there I was not more proud of myself for having survived it here.

The artist did not hide that she has known the feeling of defeat after the break.

– I am 29 years, I do not know so many people who have been through the same thing. But I have a friend who has also divorced. She sent me a message in which she wrote: “I guess you feel a tremendous sense of defeat,” said Mena who was surprised by their reaction.

– But what she wrote was true. Working up has been an active process for me. I wanted to get me through it.

Mena revealed that she has been practicing “mindfulness” to get the breakthrough.

– I went on four courses. I wanted out of it, said the artist with a smile.

– Professional ensures

– You are professionally recently divorced? asked Skavlan.

– I am professional mourners. I learned so much, Mena said, before she got into the reason behind the breakup:

– I was single to finally get to know myself. I have been in are relationship since I was 19 years old. Now I am 29. For my heart to have the best possible in the future, I must find out what it’s like to just be Maria.

29-year-old said she is not looking at the dating market currently.

– I’m in is compared with myself, and will cultivate it so that it becomes really good, said Mena, and added:

– I’ve been lucky and have experienced the great love several times. I have no doubt that it was out there again.

“Distinguished as best friends”

The two became a couple in 2005, and married in 2012.

It was the couple themselves who announced the breakup via Facebook. Der wrote Mena and Sæther among other things that “when something so happens it’s nice to be able to say that we part as best friends”:

“After 9 years together, we are really most proud of everything we have achieved together – and separately. We look forward to hang together and support each other on through life, even if we are not boyfriends. Only infinite good friends. “

Made songs in her sleep

Mena is known for its personal lyrics, and in a press release that was sent out to media in connection with the single release reported 29-year-old record company Sony Music that in the wake of cohabitation was difficult for her to initiate a write process – at least in the waking state.

“Something happened quite astonishing, namely that under her consciousness struck and Mena conjured up half the album in his sleep.” says the press release.

“Growing Pains,” which has song titles like “Leaving You”, “Not Sober” and “You Deserve Better”, referred to by the record company that “an honest and lovely description of finding themselves in a situation where life gets turned upside down. “

Sam Smith – Love Maria

Mena’s fans have already listened” I Do not Wanna See You With Here ‘into second place on the Norwegian iTunes chart.

It is especially one person who stands out among Menas fanbase: The British artist Sam Smith (23) has repeatedly declared his love for Menas music via photo sharing service Instagram.

Smith, who stands behind the world hits like “Stay With Me” and “Money On My Mind” and the soundtrack to the latest James Bond movie, shared the latest last week a picture of the cover to Mena’s upcoming album, along with the following text:

“My favorite composer and artist ever, Maria Mena, has released its new song !! (…) I’ve never been more inspired or more touched. This woman is TRUTH. “

Smith writes that” love Maria “and that he can not wait to meet his Norwegian counterpart on properly and thank her for having helped him.

“Please purchase and support HONEST and beautiful music,” sounds call from 23-year-old.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment