Sunday, November 15, 2015

“Young promising” -Siri writes the new season of the acclaimed television series – kjendis.no

(Dagbladet): Seljeseth even plays starring Elise in the series, which is based in girlfriend trio Elise, Alex (Alexandra Gjerpen) and Nenne (Gine Cornelia Pedersen), all in the middle 20s.

The series follows the women through ups and downs with school, career, family, love and friendship.

Got visa rejection

Seljeseth says that much of the script is written with inspiration from his own and her friend’s life. She, Gjerpen and Pedersen is namely girlfriends also in real life, having met on the sidelines actor at that NISS.

The starting point for the first episode, for example extracted directly from 27-year-old’s own life: Elise works as stand-up comedian in Los Angeles, and is home to Norway to renew their visas to the United States. But she rejected.

– I sat down and wrote the series because of what happened at the embassy – I did not get a visa, and to feel total failure, says Seljeseth.

– And then I kind of borrowed inspiration from my own life and my two girlfriends their lives.

Generous inspirations

– How did your girlfriends about it?

– I sent them the manuscript before I went to my first meeting with Monster (production, journ.’s note.). They were very happy and felt that they had been seen and heard. They were very generous compared to that they were inspirations, tells Seljeseth.

Meanwhile, she adds that the screenplay was developed along with two people who do not know Gjerpen and Pedersen, and that the characters in the script process was taken far away from the originals.

Seljeseths mother and father in the series are not comparable with screenwriter and actor’s real parents.

– The parents of the series do not resemble my real parents at all. They have I taken off, says 27-year-old.

She says that Jacob Often Bros character Anders is the Oftebro himself has made, in addition to that he is based on different men who have been in Seljeseths life.

– Recognizable

Last Friday was all the series’ six episodes posted on NRK webcast.

Since then, the first episode was shown approximately 77 000 times, while the last episode has 41,463 views so far, getting Dagbladet illuminated by NRK.

– I think the maybe it’s because we’ve filled some room where there did not exist anything similar. That theme is recognizable in spite of gender and career choices cast our taking, says Seljeseth the response.

– We are listened in a way an alibi for an age group that is overrepresented on Norwegian television yet. While we never tried to be a mouthpiece for a whole generation. There we understand very well that we are not.

– Several say they can relate to the series. How does it feel?

– It is in a way the biggest goal you have when creating something like this. We’ve hit something that I feel transcends age, gender and social situation, says Seljeseth.

– It is based on some self-centered, but can lift themselves out to be somewhat larger, which is not just about us .

About “Girls” -sammenlikningen

“Young promising” has repeatedly been compared to the TV series “Girls”, where Lena Dunham stands for both screenplay and starring role. Like the NRK series also takes Dunham series for women in their 20s, who have ambitions – and not quite know what to do with them.

– I like “Girls” and is very happy someone makes such a series, otherwise I do not think I had had the opportunity to create such a series as “Young promising.” Girls at that age in the lead roles is interesting, says Seljeseth.

– While I feel that we have found our own universe. The debate should also be about why we are compared with “Girls.” It’s pretty big lack of that type of series. How many series does not exist with men in midlife crisis?

27-year-old believes that the focus rather be lying on that series is about people.

– I think that the sex part of the debate is starting to get a bit boring.

Season two of you?

Seljeseth has not yet received visas (“I have not dared to apply. “), but hopes to make a season two of” Young promising. ”

– I have already started writing, reveals the 27 year old.

– Now, I hope more good partners. That I may be allowed to work with people who are better than me, and get better themselves.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment