Sunday, December 13, 2015

Photographer Morten Krogsvold: Feeling guilty for her father’s death – VG

In 1988, the father of photographer Morten Krogsvold (62) were killed in a car accident. Krogsvold has never managed to free themselves from the idea that he was to blame for the tragedy at all happened.

It is in the program “Home for Christmas” on TV3 Sunday evening Morten Krogsvold talking about family tragedy.

“Home for Christmas” Sunday collections during Advent with actor couple Frank Kjosås and Marie Blokhus as host. Program Partner is Amnesty International, which both hosts and Morten Krogsvold have a strong joint commitment.

– The seriousness belong; that’s why I also pops up in this program. As years go by, it becomes increasingly important for me to emphasize both to myself and others that one must really care for and cherish the good things in life. Before know it, the possibilities are gone. It will be especially reminded in connection with Christmas, says Krogsvold.



Mom got cancer diagnosis

It was in 1988 the tragedy happened. Krogvolds parents were a bit up in the 70s, and mother had a serious cancer diagnosis.

– Growing min with parents and two older brothers at Lille Langerud by Østensjøvannet in Oslo was amazing nice. My parents had a lovely and very close relationship, and tended, among other forever, the way I remember it, capable of Christmas in an absolutely perfect way for their young and themselves.

– When my mother became seriously sick, went terribly strong impact on my father. He was an able man to the very, very most. But he had no idea how to cook. I think certainly not even he could boil an egg! So when my mother ended up in hospital, we were brothers agreed that we in turn went up to him and made food. It was one of our contributions, sort of.

– The current day it was my turn. But I was busy with my shooting, and called the father and gave the message that I could not make it on time. So he decided to go and visit mom in the meantime. On the way to the hospital happened fatal: He was completely shattered in a collision outside Ullevål hospital, and died instantly.

Read also : Krogsvold subjected to threats

 & lt; p & gt; Morten Krogsvold talks & # xE5; nicely if parents d & # xF8; d and about & # xE5; miss the n & # xE6; nearest Christmas. & lt; / p & gt;

Morten Krogsvold speak openly about their parents’ death and about to miss the next Christmas.

Photo: Terje Bringedal , VG

– A terrible shock

– This was before the cell phone the time, so I went unsuspecting home to my father – and found the house empty. And when I got the phone that he was dead. It was a terrible and cruel shock. Although it might be irrational to think that way, I have never escaped the idea that if I had stuck to the original agreement and not prioritized my own artistic activity above what I’d helped my father with this exact day, nor had the accident happened, says Morten Krogsvold.

The situation was further aggravated by the fact that it seemed as if the fatal accident deprived her mother the last will to live further:

– It took three weeks before she too died; she died of grief. Simply. And we brothers lost some of the most valuable in life during a brief and terrible time, says Morten Krogsvold.

– If the emotions that this reinforced the fact that you are older?

– I think so. On the one hand I do not want in any way to appear to be sentimental; I would actually hate to be perceived that way. On the other hand one sees perhaps clearer as the years go by, that there is so much to lose! When one is young, one sees happy future, is keen to reach new goals and develop their own achievements. I work with artistic expression, and know very well what this means. But I also think that it is fairly widely, and hope it goes for most people.

Krogsvold about Queen : – She’s a lot tougher than you might imagine

The key issues

– What lies behind is your own life experiences – and they should be taken into account, because it is they who after all has shaped who you are. Childhood Friends are important, parents are important, among other things. It will lead to that one becomes aware of how to behave – here and now – to their loved ones. How to behave now, what to take with them into the future. We take good enough care of each other? Are we doing the right priorities? When to think about the other and how should own priorities weighed against what they kins need?

Read also : Krogvolds-law became the photographer

– As an artist the inevitably out on several ego-tripper. When I look back, I can get hurt by thinking about how I might have behaved towards my wife, for example. It’s a pain you may relieve with good communication. But more importantly it is to let it affect the choices one makes hereinafter, says Morten Krogsvold.

As in any case have decided one thing: Making it so that another Christmas being as good and nice as possible for their loved ones, children and grandchildren – shaped by the Christmas mother and father once made for him.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment