Thursday, August 27, 2015

Ane Brun back with a new album – NRK

– The last three or four years have been important. Things that I have dragged me, I’ve been working away, says Ane Brun, who next week she’s back with a new album.

Fittingly, she has called their fifth album When I’m Free. It comes four years and a disease after previous studio album. Which the reviewer in as British Mojo highlights compared to the music she is now ready with.

Ane Brun nods and says there is a connection.

– When I became ill again in 2012, I went into it with a different setting; that I should not be afraid more. When I got there, it was as if something turned inside me. I realized that fear is not a protection, but nothing bad, says Ane Brun.

Changed thought patterns

She said she took the controversial The Lightning Process course, which is based on cognitive techniques to change old patterns of thought.

– It was good for my general condition.

Ane Brun she says as a result of that she is less afraid, have become more playful.

– While I think it also is part of a natural evolution. I look at my records backwards, I see how I let in more items in them eventually. I know I can say stop if it is wrong, I’m safer, says Brown.

A half of forty and she says that it provides more perspective on life.

– Man realizes that perhaps only 20 years left, no, what I say, enter 40 years !, she laughs: Realizing the one that life is too short for some things and too far to the others. When you get more perspective on life, one becomes less dramatic.

Although the voice is influenced by what she has learned, says Ane Brun:

– I’m tougher now in voice usage. I have experience and confidence enough now to take more space. I shook off my Janteloven I grew up with.



La away guitar

Album title she thought long on, before she landed on a text stanza from a song.

– When I’m Free is ambivalent and may mean future, now or once I am free. For me freedom a condition in your head, you can be free even if one is trapped, so Mandela was. I sat just watching a documentary about Nina Simone. At the beginning of
film she says in an interview that freedom is a state of mind and an absence of fear. So universal is.

On Oslo visit Thursday had Ane Brun wearing big earrings made of guitar strings, but it was not the guitar she took out to write songs for the new album.

– I was keen to write in a different way, see if I could cause other songs. So I walked away from the guitar and worked more on the computer. I made mashups with drums, played synth bass, and took it from there. You could say I started with the events, more than a melody, she says.

Intimacy core

The songs were in the studio for Ane Brun in Stockholm from last spring . She says she has a focus period, setting a deadline for itself.

– When I become more efficient. It was around the same time as she topped the British dance top-40 list and went up to number four on the singles list in total, with a remix of a collaboration with DR Kucho and Greg Salto called Can not Stop Playing.

On the album she would have a new sound, she explains. I wanted to include more beats, more rhythm and bass. It would fluctuate more! But still she would keep it close.
Intimacy is the core of my music. Therefore, perhaps the songs more subdued yet, but it felt right. Then comes the fragile, vulnerable texts forward.



Preparing for Norway

Already the first six Norwegian shoulder rolled, in VG who thinks she has made his finest plate. Plate Buyers must wait until September 4th to hear it. Later this autumn also get a Norwegian audience hear her live.

– I take with almost the same band out on tour, we rehearse the songs now. We are seven on stage. But I also get to do something almost alone, as I did at last year’s solo concert tour, says Ane Brun.

She rejoices and says musician profession is a vibrant job to be in.

– I have learned to go with the flow. When I’m having fun, I’m fine.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment