Friday, August 14, 2015

Sturla Dyregrov fainted while his wife gave birth to his son – TV 2

TV 2 news anchor Sturla Dyregrov (41) and 2 TV-reporter wife Siril Vatne Meling (32) became parents for the third time Friday at 12:03 at Haukeland University Hospital.

The birth was nevertheless a powerful experience for Dyregrov. While his wife delivered her son, he went down for the count and fainted.

– I knew that there was little air in the face mask, but I would not tell anyone that I was dizzy. It was the others in the room that was more important than me. I waited perhaps too long to notify. When I first gave the message that I was dizzy, the plan was to get out of the room. But so far I never came. I went straight to the floor, he tells TV 2.

– The wife was awake and heard that it was called upon people to help.

Dyregrov was unconscious for one minute before the nurses got in touch with him, but then he passed out again. First two minutes later he was still conscious and he heard the baby crying in the next room.

– I felt it was bad timing to add occupied parts of staff, says he laughs.

PARENTS FOR THIRD TIME: Sturla Dyregrov with his wife Siril Vatne Meling on TV2′s annual celebration in November 2014. PHOTO: MARIUS Gulliksrud / STELLA PICTURES

– More embarrassing than dramatic

Dyregrov was connected to a machine used for pregnant women, and it took one hour before he was able to stand up and walk normally. He got neither see the birth or the boy child was weighed.

– It was more embarrassing than dramatic. I was the there to be with his wife. To faint is something everyone does once in a while, and it was the birth I was most concerned about. I did not think it mattered that I was nauseous.

When TV2 talking with him in 21 o’clock he seems in very good shape, and says that it stands well with both wife, children and himself.

– It goes great with everyone now. The boy is very, very hungry!



Roper initial

They have found a name they should give to the child but he would not reveal any more than that the name starts with the letter S.

The couple have two children already, son Snorre (5) and daughter Sanna (2), both of which were born via caesarean section that was not planned. This time they knew cesarean was necessary, and he speculates that this is why he was taken by surprise.



LIK 2 TV Entertainment ON FACEBOOK

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment