Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Milennium author breeds for interview: – I think it is scandalous … – Dagbladet.no

(Dagbladet): Last night was the fourth book in the Milennium series about Lisbeth Salander released in Sweden, and even before most people have read so much as a hand book, which is penned by David Lagercrantz, battered by controversy.

Stieg Larsson, the man behind the first three books, died as known by a heart attack in 2004. It has of Larsson’s friends been referred to as a “grave looting” and Dagbladet today tells his girlfriend for the last 32 years, Eva Gabrielsson , what she thinks about the book.

– I got to know about this new book a year ago, and thought it could not be true. I was so angry, I’m still angry, says Gabrielsson Dagbladet in an interview that can be read in its entirety here (requires login).

Criticism

But it’s not just here Lagercrantz encounters opposition. Last night he was with the television program Aktuellt in Sweden, and also here, he had to endure criticism. Among other publisher for strict restrictions surrounding the launch.

When asked what he thinks about the criticism about the secrecy match Lagercrantz that there are many publishing houses involved and that the violent commotion around the book is the underpinning. He also said he did not know the details of the secrecy.

After the interview he says to Swedish Expressen that he thinks the interview, which can be seen in its entirety here, was poorly conducted.

– I think it was a horrible touches. I think it was a tabloidification of a public offer that I think it was deeply uncomfortable to see. I think it was scandalous journalism, he said.



“Surreal”

Lagercrantz also says that he experiences the situation he is in as “surreal.” He was not alone.

– “Surreal” said David Lagercrantz about the situation he is in. The interview in Aktuellt was also quite surreal, writes Aktuellt own political commentator Margit Silberstein on Twitter.

The author says that he thinks it is sad that it has come to such a sharp conflict with Larsson’s former partner.

– I have written a book which the world yearns. I’m sorry for the conflict with Eva Gabrielsson, but I’ve put lights on his writing and I will donate money to Expo. Boka celebrated now in the United States, and they will only come after me, he said.



Press Conference

Wednesday morning held Lagercrantz a press conference in Sweden where Dagbladet were present. He told then that the main character Lisbeth Salander is more relevant than ever before.

– On Stieg Larsson days came the worst hacker attacks from outlaws as Lisbeth Salander. Today they come from states and spy organizations. We live in a time when we need Lisbeth Salander more than ever.

At the press conference told the author about how it was to come into this world. The he would enter.

– I was totally in fever, and knew that this world would I get into, he said from the stage.

Lagercrantz is a former journalist and has previously written books. He wrote, among other biography of footballer Zlatan Ibrahimovic. He believes Millennium books and biography has helped people who do not read to be interested in literature.

– My assignment was to manage, one must feel at home in Stieg Larson’s universe. But I’ll also give something of myself, he said.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment